208 Front Street North
Click here to email us directly. We will respond as quickly as possible.
Eastside Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
At Eastside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, our number one goal is your overall oral health and well-being. Seeing you a few times a year in our office for preventative care cleanings and check-ups not only helps you have a healthy, confident, beautiful smile, but also helps you avoid future dental problems. Dr. Calvo provides the highest standard of care, and uses a special high-powered microscope at every preventative care hygiene appointment. This allows him to detect cavities or see if any of your current dental work (restorations) that may need repair or replacement. These things are often undetected with typical dental loupes (magnifying glasses) that many dentists use.
Our preventative services make sure your teeth and gums remain healthy. This includes regular dental exams, cleanings, and x-rays. Sealants and fluoride are also great preventive treatments that can help protect your teeth.
During your exams and cleanings, Dr. Calvo and your hygienist will go thorough oral health evaluation to check for anything that might compromise your oral health. This includes the following:
- Review your health history
- Thorough cleaning: The removal of plaque, and then teeth polishing
- Take intraoral pictures if any problems are detected so we can show the patient what we are seeing
- Digital X-rays: The latest digital X-ray technology reduces radiation to our patients by 80%-90% from the exposure of traditional dental X-rays. Digital radiography offers the latest in dental X-rays. Digital images can be instantly viewed and enlarged, helping Dr. Calvo detect problems such as decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss more easily.
- Oral cancer screening: Dr. Calvo and your dental hygienist carefully scrutinize the maxillofacial and oral regions for signs of pathologic changes. This includes looking for abnormalities, feeling the face, glands, and neck for unusual bumps, and checking your lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of tooth decay: Dr. Calvo and your dental hygienist check all tooth surfaces for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Dr. Calvo and your dental hygienist check your current fillings, crowns, and so on.
- Suggestion for the best home care: Answer any questions you have, and give you tips for your best oral health.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
Gum Disease: What is Periodontal Disease?
Periodontal disease is characterized by chronic inflammation of the gum tissue, infection below the gum line, and a presence of disease-causing bacteria in the oral region. Many people tend to forget that our mouths are part of a complex biological system that directly impacts the health of our bodies. At Eastside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, one of the reasons we’re so serious about educating our patients on periodontal disease is because research studies have shown that there’s a strong association between periodontal disease and other chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, pregnancy complications, and respiratory disease.
Halting the progression of periodontal disease, and maintaining excellent standards of oral hygiene not only reduces the risk of gum disease and bone loss, but also the chances of you developing other serious illnesses. As part of your exam, Dr. Calvo and your dental hygienist check your gums and bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
Should your teeth ever require a restorative treatment (such as a cavity or a crown), you can rest assured knowing we will always discuss with you the available options and recommend what we believe to be the most comfortable and least invasive treatment. Providing you with excellent care is our number one priority when creating your beautiful smile.
Reasons for restorative dentistry:
- Repair damaged and decayed teeth.
- Replace missing teeth.
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments.
- Restore normal eating and chewing.
- Enhance your smile.
- Fill in unattractive spaces between teeth.
- Improve or correct an improper bite.
“Family” is Our Middle Name
At Dr. Calvo's practice, there is a reason that "family" is in our name. Our entire team at Eastside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry believes that good dental health is important at every age. This belief translates to our on-going commitment to offer the very best in dental care for each and every patient we have the privilege to treat.
At Eastside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Calvo is committed to offering patients the absolute best in dentistry. Overall, our specialties include the following:
- General Dentistry: Routine cleanings, fillings, and sealants, and more (Click here to see all the general dentistry treatments we provide)
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Veneers and tooth whitening, and more (Click here to see a full list of the cosmetic dentistry options we provide)
- Pediatric Dentistry: We set your child up for a lifetime of healthy smiles and good oral habits.
- Microscope-Enhanced Dentistry: The best in dental technology minimizes invasive procedures and maximizes comfort and care. We use this technology to check teeth and gums at all preventative care dental cleaning visits, and for an restorative work (such as a filling).
If you’re currently looking for a dentist in Issaquah, it’s our sincere hope that you’ll choose Eastside Family and Cosmetic Dentistry for all your dentistry needs.
Please contact us today at (425) 392-5323.
We look forward to your visit.